Nail Care for Healthy Beautiful Nails
It is said that your face is the mirror of your health. Interestingly, nails are too. If you pay attention to your nails they will reveal a great deal about your health. More often we think about beautifying our nails but we do not pay a lot of attention to our nail health. But healthy nails are beautiful nails. But sometimes you will find issues like the color of your nail fading or you find spots or peeling skin - in most cases, people do not pay attention. It is important to keep a tab on it.
So if you love nail art, take care of how your nails look, and love exploring different nail art trends you must take extra care of your nail health. In this article, I am going to tell you some important tips that you must follow to take care of your health and some things that you mustn’t do to ensure your nails remain healthy.
Do’s to keep your nail healthy
- Consistently shape and trim your nails - continuously trimming your nails is important to keep them clean and healthy. Trimmed nails not just look great but are hygienic and feel great too.
- Wear gloves and keep your nails dry and clean - a lot of times hard soaps and dishwashers can cause rashes and cause damage to your nails. So, wear high-quality gloves whenever you are using dishwashing soaps and washing powders.
- Take care of your cuticles - nail cuticles are the crown jewels of your fingers. They don’t just make them look beautiful but they are also the protective layers for your fingers. It is important to take care of them by sanitising them regularly and moisturising them by applying cuticle oils like the tea tree oil.
- Take care of torn nails - torn and ingrown nails can cause infection so it is extremely important to immediately treat them to avoid infection. In most cases, a good antibacterial ointment can help. But if the infection is severe do not ignore it and see a dermatologist.
- Wear nail polish - yes, you read it right. A regular polish will always keep your nails healthy and pretty. So wear your favourite colour to keep your nails not just looking beautiful but feeling beautiful too.
- Use a high-quality glass file - a high-quality nail filer will make sure that your nails are filed seamlessly. A bad quality nail filer can cause your nails to break or crack and cause infections.
- Keep your nail care tools hygienic - like any other makeup tool it is critical to keep your nail care tool hygienic and clean them regularly and replace them to avoid infection to your nails.
Don’ts for your nail care
- Don’t bite your nails - a lot of us have a habit of biting our nails in different situations but that habit can do horrible damage to your nails.
- Use a personal nail care kit - do not share your nail care kit with anyone. Keep them isolated to avoid nail infection.
- Do not trim too much - a lot of times we have the habit of trimming cuticles too deep and that is not a good thing. Use a clean trimmer and leave a bit so that the nails are supported well.
- Do not peel your nail polish - A lot of time we peel off our nail polish instead of using a remover. But while doing so the upper shiny layer of the nail becomes dull, hence avoid peeling the polish and use high-quality nail polish.
- Avoid damp nails - all of us love soaking our hands and feet in warm water. While it is relaxing, doing it for too long can make your nails damp and weak, and prone to breaks.
Nail is important to your beauty but it is even more critical for your health too. Just like we have a face care routine, it is important to have a nail care routine too. The best thing is that nail care is simple. With a simple routine, hygienic habits, and good products you can keep your nails looking pretty and healthy.
If you are a nail art enthusiast and want to learn more about professional nail art, explore our professional nail artist course. If you want to know more feel free to book a consultation.