I am sure you would agree when I say that the bridal season in India is like a huge festival. With months and months of preparations, Indian weddings are a grand affair. Brides want their D-day to be absolutely perfect. If you are married I am sure you will agree with this. If you are yet to be married, you have definitely thought about the attire, jewelry, and makeup that you will wear on this important day of your life. A lot of my students go on to choose a career of a bridal makeup artist. One thing that I always tell them is that as a bridal makeup artist, you are not just doing makeup for the bride, you are a critical part of one of the most important days of her life. Everything you do for the bride that day should be extraordinary. Hairstyle is an important aspect of the bridal look that you create for the bride. So what are the trending hairstyles that will add that extra oomph to the bridal look? Let’s find out in this article.
Trending Bridal Hairstyles for 2021
The humble bun with a twist can add an extra element of beauty and elegance to the overall bridal look. Whether the bride has long or short hair, buns can be the perfect hairstyle for the bride. Let’s find out how buns can be the show stopper of the bridal look.
- Fill up the bun with beautiful flowers that match the bride’s lehenga, Sari, or even a gown.
- Amp it up with ornaments to make the hairstyle look elegant and stylish.
- Use a mix of flowers and ornaments to make it look traditional and stylish. You can also use ornamental flowers instead of real ones.
- Keep it simple with a few curls to ooze out elegance with simplicity
Flaunt the curles
If your client has long strands of hair don’t shy away from flaunting it. There are a variety of hairstyles that you can create to flaunt the long curls or waves.
- Braid the upper portion and let the strands loose. The cherry on the cake will be a beautiful mang tika to complete the look.
- Use strands of flowers to compliment the long strands.
- Give the curls a twist with a sideways style. Add a beautiful Passa or a mang tika to go with it.
- Amp up the curls and add a twist of flowers
Braid them up
When we think of a braided look, the south Indian bridal look comes to mind. But there are more than one ways to create a stylish look with the braids. Let me share with you some of the most trendy ones.
- The traditional voluminous braid when left a bit loose gives the right mix of stylish and traditional look.
- The puffed-up braid gives a voluminous and stylish look that goes with every attire.
- Create a messy fishtail braid with a hint of flowers. This look will steal the show with its stylish appeal.
- A side braid with pearls or any kind of hair jewelry is perfect with a gown or a lehenga. It can be a perfect reception hairstyle.
Short and Sweet
Most of the time we think that there’s little that can be done with short hair. That’s not true. Short hairs can look extremely classy if styled right. Let’s take a look at some short and sweet looks.
- Keep them open and add gorgeous mang tika to complete the look.
- Curl up the strands and add a stylish mang tika or a tiara
- Use the messy bun look to your advantage. Add the style factor of a tiara to complete the look.
A wedding is one of the most important days of a person’s life. Makeup artists have the magic wand to make this day even more special for the bride with the perfect makeup paired with the perfect hairstyle. At Vah Vah, we ensure that our students learn both skills with utmost perfection. Our professional hairstylist course, with a focus on bridal hairstyles, prepares you to create all the above looks and many more popular styles with ease. Be it a South Indian, or a North Indian bridal hairstyle, or simply a stylish party hairstyle, this one-month intensive course will prepare you for all kinds of opportunities. Both our professional make-up artist course and professional hairstylist course, together ensure our students have every skill at their hands to become successful bridal makeup artists.
To learn more about our courses or for a free demo class contact us.